A “Signing up for the large-scale computer system” application is required in order to use a large-format printer.
In December 2018, the large format printers and output PCs were renewed. For this reason, you will need to re-register your account on an output PC. Please come to the office on the second floor of the North Building of the Center to complete the process before use. Re-registration takes about 5 minutes.
Large-format printer overview
This high-performance printer comes with a 12-color ink tank that can print up to 42 inches (1,067 mm) for vivid printing on glossy paper. In addition, crease-resistant cloth is available so that you can fold it for business trips such as attending conferences.
Printing is supported on both Windows and Mac.
|Service hours||Staff support|
|Weekdays||9:00 to 19:00||9:00 to 12:00|
|13:00 to 16:30|
*The service hours have changed since academic year 2018.
- Because the facility is locked on Saturdays, Sundays, holidays, and interdisciplinary large-scale computer system periodic maintenance dates (one weekday at the beginning of every month), printing services will not be available at those times.
- If you need printing support, cloth printing, or password setup at the output terminal, please come to the office on the second floor of the North Building of the Center during staff support hours.
- In order to accommodate any unexpected printing issues, allow plenty of time when you come to the office.
- After printing is completed, enter the necessary information in the output count notification form and send it to one of the following locations.
– Weekdays 9:00 to 17:00, office on second floor of North Building of the Center
– Weekdays 17:00 to 19:00, security guard room on first floor of North Building of the Center
Access to printing services
Two large-format printers are installed in the user terminal room on the first floor of the North Building, Information Initiative Center.
Please note that a teaching staff/faculty identification card or student identification card (IC card) is required to enter the user terminal room.
[ First time users ]
If you are printing for the first time with your user number, please come to the office on the second floor of the North Building of the Center during staff support hours. We will set up an account for you so you can use the output terminal before printing. This process will take 10 to 15 minutes. Please make a note of the issued user number (ex: a10234).
Printing support is available, but please read here (in Japanese) for information on preparing a document for printing.
[ If you need printing support (have printed before) ]
Please come to the office on the second floor of the North Building of the Center.
[ If you do not need printing support (have printed before) ]
If you are going to print on premium plain paper or photo glossy paper, you can do so during the service hours. Also, please submit an output count notification form.
For cloth printing, please come to the office on the second floor for assistance.
The following software programs are installed on both Windows and Mac.
- Adobe acrobat
- Adobe Illustrator
- Microsoft PowerPoint
*If you have a file with text or image not embedded, it may not print correctly. Please prepare a PDF file as well.
|Standard||Roll paper size|
|24 inches (A1 size printing)||19. 610mm|
|36 inches (A0 size printing)||22. 914mm|
|42 inches (B0 size printing)||1,067mm (cloth is 1,062 mm)|
The Center uses roll paper instead of cut paper, and there is no JIS or ISO216 A/B size available. If you want to print in A/B size, you must cut the margin to size after printing.
Please note that the installed cutter can cut up to 2 m.
For details on sizes, see here (in Japanese).
Please check the printing cost before using the large-format printer.
|Paper type||Printing cost|
|Premium plain paper||¥432/sheet|
|Photo glossy paper||¥1,188/sheet|
*The cost is determined by the number of sheets but not the paper length.
Borderless printing with margin cut included is difficult, so be aware that part of a document may be left out when printed.
In addition, you can reduce time spent changing print settings by creating a document at actual size. For details, see here (in Japanese).