1. Persons who fall under any of the following items are eligible to use the Large-Scale Computer System for academic research:
- Academic staff of a university, junior college, college of technology or inter-university research institute or equivalent;
- Persons who belong to an incorporated administrative agency and are engaged solely in research (except for those falling under the preceding item);
- Persons who belong to a national government or local government agency and are engaged solely in research;
- Persons who belong to an institution whose purpose is academic research (except for those described in the preceding item) and which is approved by the Director, and are engaged solely in research;
- Persons who are conducting academic research under Grants-in-Aid for Scientific Research (KAKENHI)
- Persons who are participating in research as a co-investigator (Kenkyu-buntan-sha) under the agreement with the institution to whom the person set forth in each preceding item belong, and are engaged solely in research;
- Persons who are enrolled in a university, junior college or college of technology (referred to as “Students” in Appended Table 1); or
- Persons specially approved by the Director.
2. Persons who belong to a private sector or corporate body which has passed the evaluation criteria specified separately and who have been approved by the Director are eligible to use the Large-Scale Computer System for research and development.
For details, please refer to HOKKAIDO UNIVERSITY INFORMATION INITIATIVE CENTER RULES FOR USING LARGE-SCALE COMPUTER SYSTEM (PDF).