For First-time Users
Thank you for considering using the interdisciplinary large-scale computer system in the Hokkaido University Information Initiative Center.
This page describes the features of the interdisciplinary large-scale computer system, launched in December 2018, and how to use it.
If you have any questions, please contact the address at the bottom of the page.
Features of the interdisciplinary large-scale computer system (Hokkaido University High-performance Intercloud)
This center is operating the supercomputer, Intercloud, and cloud storage systems. The following shows the features of each system. We hope you find it helpful for selecting the system.
For more information on each system, see the appropriate introduction page at the following link.
- Two types of systems with the latest x86 architecture-based multi core/many core processors and Linux OS have been installed.
- The system has high-performance compilers, scientific computing libraries, communication libraries, and various free software applications ranging from computational science to machine learning.
- Two usage methods, “use of shared nodes” and “use of exclusive nodes,” are available to satisfy a wide range of user needs.
- Up to 100GB is available for general users (non-students) and up to 10GB for students without an additional charge.
- PC data can be uploaded and downloaded via a Web browser.
- The storage is accessible even off campus, so data can be prepared for a business trip or shared with researchers at other universities.
How to sign up for the service
Before using the systems for the first time, you need to sign up for user registration to get a user number.
The basic charge for a user number is ¥2,160 for students and ¥12,960 for general users. For the student discount, you need to submit a copy of your student identification card.
Using the services
To use the services, you need to log in to the user administration portal for the Information Initiative Center and sign up for the appropriate service online.
- Click here to sign up for the supercomputer system
This is the sign-up page for the shared node, exclusive node, and additional storage services.
- Click here to sign up for the Intercloud system
This is the sign-up page for the virtual server, physical server, GPU server, and additional storage services. To sign up for the Intercloud package service, contact the address at the bottom of the page.
- Click here to sign up for additional cloud storage space
Up to 100GB are available for general users (non-students) and 10GB for students without signing up for additional space. Click the above link to add space in increments of 1TB.
Notes on signing up
To use the interdisciplinary large-scale computer system in the Hokkaido University Information Initiative Center, you must observe the service agreement.
Before signing up, be sure to read the following “Service Requirements,” “Service Agreement,” and “Service Guidelines.”