Access to the supercomputer system
You can login with the user id notified after your application. The supercomputer system can be accessed via ssh/scp with SSH key authentication (ver. 2) only.
For some users, another id, namely iiC-ID, and related password are also notified. They are required when login the user management portal page.
Only the person who applied can use his/her user id. Each user needs a individual application.
Registration of your SSH public key
Please register your SSH public key via user management portal.
- All users are prohibited from using any private key without passphrase.
- When you register your public key via user management portal, old keys are overwritten with the new key. If you need to add a new key, please do it by directly edit the authorized_keys file.
- A public key needs to be in the OpenSSH format.
- You can generate a public key on the user management portal page and register it.
- In the case of using putty with a private key downloaded from the user management portal page, you need to convert the private key from the OpenSSH format to the putty format.
- Grand Chariot（Subsystem A）： grand.hucc.hokudai.ac.jp
- Polaire（Subsystem B）： polaire.hucc.hokudai.ac.jp
Registered keys are shared by both subsystems (and the application server).